Used Robots for Sale
Used Industrial Robot
Starting Automation with Used Robots
Used robots for sale. Is this something worth considering? In short, Yes! One of the big advantages of using reconditioned robots today is their very competitive price point. You can find so many varieties of robotic arm for sale but bear in mind the condition of the robot.
For this reason, for companies making their first steps into robotic automation using a used robot makes perfect sense and allows the company to build up experience without a heavy price tag. However, we need to bear in mind that the choice of the robot with the guidance of a system integrator is essential. The integrator will have a long experience encompassing an array of previous robotic projects to draw on.
In summary, we will discuss two critical elements to take into account when choosing the robot.
What are the robot payload and working envelope?
The robot payload is the maximum load in kilograms that the robot can work with and is comprised of the weight of the end of arm tooling plus any ancillary equipment attached to the upper arm or link arm such as pneumatic valve packs etc. When selecting a robot, it’s vital to also take into account where the centre of gravity of the end of arm tooling is as the further out from the mounting flange the lower the possible payload.
The robot envelope describes the volume that the robot can reach taking into account the degrees of freedom of each axis, thereby giving a zone of operation that for a six-axis robot tends to be circular. It’s important to check not only the maximum reach of the robot but also where the robot will need to work close to itself. Hence the envelope is a volume in space that the robot will need to be able to achieve with the mounted tool.
Where to find a reliable Robotic Arm for sale?
Phoenix is a company specialising in industrial automation for over a decade. Therefore, we have many years of experience to fall back on when we are helping a customer select both new and reconditioned robots for their particular project. In the event of considering a used robotic arm for sale, please take note of the following guidelines outlining important facts when selecting the robot.
Standard guidelines for Certification of Reconditioned Robots:
- Checking for backlash and repeatability of each axis is required to confirm that the robot meets the original specification.
- Replace any components that don’t meet the specifications including gearboxes, motors, and cables.
- Check for any rusted elements and replace them with new.
- Conduct a full service, changing grease, gearbox oil and controller batteries.
- Carry out a full clean, followed by the complete repaint.
- Load the controller with the latest software revision available for the particular controller.
- Load any software packages depending on the client’s specifications or applications.
- Add any other software options for hardware additions including vision, rail or turntables.
- Perform an eight-hour runoff at full payload and full speed to ensure that the robot is working correctly.
When investing in used industrial robots, it is crucial to consider the following:
- The version of the robot and its controller.
- The condition of the internal and external parts of the used robot.
- Hours of operation for a robot are not necessarily indicative of the robot wear and tear.
- Overall payload including any supplementary loads positioned elsewhere on the robot.
- The environment that the robot will operate in to take into account particularly high or very low temperatures.
- Another element to look at is whether the trajectory and operating programs will be hand taught via the teach pendant or generated offline.
- It is important to confirm whether or when the robot’s motors/gearboxes were changed, because the motors and gear boxes are typically the most expensive components that will fail on a robot, starting with the wrist (least expensive) to axis one, or base gearbox and drive motor (most expensive and time consuming to replace).
- In addition, don’t assume that your used robot will automatically come with the End-of-Arm tooling. We can provide and help you to find a suitable tooling according to your specific applications.
You can find many used robots for sale in the current marketplace. Therefore making the right choice is important, contact a team of experts with a long history in robotic automation. This experience includes but is not limited to proof of concept, engineering, integration, training and programming. See also Industrial Used Robots for Sale The Future of Robotics,
Product & services
Learn from the top thought leaders in the industry.