Using a robot in the food production tasks involves much more than just making the right decisions to increase productivity. Industrial Robots not only will increase productivity, but also reduce the occurrence of accident at works and improve hygiene.
The food industry needs to follow strict hygiene and high standards. However, modern robots feature improved sanitary designs making them ideal for work in this clean environment.
Robot manufacturer has improved food safety before entering direct food contact. Some of this features are:
- The environmental conditions- Corrosive resistant properties.
- Stainless steel or protective coatings
- Ambient temperature can range from extremely hot to well below freezing
- Internationally scale that relates to proven protection against environmental factors such as liquids and solids. (IP65 – Dust proof, protected from splashes and low-pressure jets).
- Hygiene cover that easy washed down and changed.
- A variety of solutions have been adopted to ensure the hygienic design of food-grade robots
- “Wash Down robot” are easy-to-clean with its protective suit and sterile surfaces
- Food compatible lubricants (certified NSF H1)
Most common robotic applications for the food industry:
We can find many sectors on the food industries such as Meat, Beverage, Dairy, Bakery, Animal feeds, Processed fruit & Veg, Oil & Fats, Fish, Grain Mill & Starch. There is a broad range of potential applications for robotics for all sectors of the food industries:
- Robotic Cutting
- Robotic Pick & Pack
- Robotic Packaging
- Robotic Palletising
- Robotic Material Handling
A wide variety of end of arm or grippers tools are capable of handling from single products to full rows, and even entire layers of product depending on customer needs. Phoenix will provide a customize automation solutions.